The Gleaming Energizer
Uses: Confidence, Success, Prosperity, Joy, Protection
Chakra: Solar Plexus Chakra
Origin: Spain, Italy, China, Russia, Peru
Color: Gold, Yellow, Grey, Metallic, Brass
Birthstone Months: August
What is pyrite?
Pyrite meaning and properties – when and how pyrite can help.
You’re about to give an important presentation or performance.
Pyrite is one of the best crystals for performers or anyone who wants or needs to step into the spotlight. It resonates with our solar plexus, which is the seat of the self; giving us the confidence to express our individuality and share our unique gifts with the world.
You’re dealing with a controlling person in your life.If you need to create stronger emotional boundaries within a relationship, pyrite can greatly assist you in the process. Before you confront this person, have a piece of pyrite on hand. Let it remind you of your inner strength as you stand firm and secure in your personal power. Make sure to calmly and directly ask for what you need.
You’re lacking in motivation. If you receive a sudden insight or inspiration to do something, but can’t seem to get moving on your new idea, utilize the energy of pyrite to jumpstart your productivity. As pyrite is a solar stone, it recharges our sense of motivation, purpose, and creative vitality. This is why it can be helpful to keep a piece of pyrite on your desk or workstation.
You’ve moved into a new home.Because of its golden luster, pyrite is often thought of as a good luck charm. It is also a protective stone, shielding us from negative vibes. This is why pyrite is an excellent choice if you have to give someone a housewarming gift or if you’ve moved into a new home yourself. Place a pyrite chunk in each corner of your new space.
Practical Tips on How to Use Pyrite (Rituals, Meditation, & Home)
Ritual for Energetic Protection
1. Hold a piece of raw pyrite in the palm of your hand. Whether seated or standing, make sure your feet are firmly planted on the ground
2. Close your eyes and take a deep breath, imagining the breath coming in through the bottoms of your feet and exiting through the top of your head. Feel the connection to the Earth below you.
3. Bring the piece of pyrite to your solar plexus (the area right above your belly button and below your sternum). Breathe into your solar plexus as you visualize an orb of golden light originating from this region. This light gets bigger, warmer, and more vibrant with each breath until it completely envelops you.
4. As you feel this protective golden light around you, affirm, “I am vibrant. I am strong. I am light. I only attract positive experiences that are in alignment with my greatest good. All that is not in alignment with me, easily bounces off of me. I walk in the world safe and protected. All is well.”
Ritual For Abundance & Financial Prosperity:1. While seated, hold a piece of pyrite in your palm and place your focus on the crystal. Notice its appearance, its weight, and the way it feels in your hand. You’ve now established an energetic connection between you and the pyrite. Place it on the ground right in front of you. 2. Close your eyes and visualize the pyrite. You are aware that it represents financial abundance and prosperity. You are also aware of your connection to this piece of pyrite. It is a part of you and you are a part of it.
3. Keep your mental focus on the pyrite as you slowly breathe in and out. After several moments, visualize the piece of pyrite multiplying, easily and effortlessly. Breathe in and out, watching the amount of pyrite grow and grow until you have an enormous pile of pyrite sitting before you.
4. Notice the golden light emanating off of the pile. Allow yourself to once again connect to the energy of the pyrite. Feel the joy and ease that abundance provides.
5. Affirm and repeat all of the following phrases (or whichever ones resonate most with you): “I am abundant. I am prosperous. I am successful. I am supported. My needs are always met. I am generous. I give and receive with ease.”
Meditation For Joy & Positivity:
5. Visualize this golden light coming up and out from your dominant hand and flowing directly into the palm of your other hand, creating a golden rainbow between your two hands.
6. Breathe in and out as you allow this golden light to grow in size until it permeates your entire body and energy field. Then, breathe in and out as it fills the entire room. Bathe in this positive energy for as long as you like.
How to care for your Pyrite
Other ways to cleanse and charge your pyrite include: leaving it in the moonlight or sunlight for a few hours, placing it in the Earth overnight, smudging it with a sacred herb of your choice, placing it on a selenite plate, or playing a crystal singing bowl in its presence. Whether you are cleansing or charging your stone, the most important thing is the intention you set as you perform the action.
Our final thoughts.
Who are you here to be? What were you born to do? Pyrite encourages those of us on the conscious path of personal development to be our brightest and truest selves. It helps us feel strong and confident in our inherent uniqueness; recharging our inner reserves of positivity, hope, and courage as we tenaciously pursue our life’s goals.
Disclaimer: Please consult a healthcare professional for any medical advice. The information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.