The Prosperity Stone
Uses: Prosperity, Luck, Optimism, Love
Chakra: Heart, Higher Heart
Origin: Mostly India, but also China, Brazil, Canada, & USA
Color: Green (although aventurine can also be yellow, blue, white, orange, pink, red, & brown)
Birthstone Months: August
What is green aventurine?
Green aventurine meaning, properties and benefits.
Green aventurine is often referred to as the “gambler’s stone.” As a lucky totem, it tends to harmonize us to positive outcomes and opportunities; helping us expand our sense of what is possible. Given green aventurine is such an optimistic crystal, it is the perfect stone to carry with you to a job interview, first date, or important meeting.
If you want more love in your life, you have to create the space for it. In order to manifest a new relationship, you must first release your old ones; specifically, any blocked energy or leftover resentments you may still be harboring from the past. Green aventurine declutters the energy field, especially around the heart chakra. This is why it is a wonderful stone for attracting romance. It assists us in healing old emotional wounds while simultaneously opening us up to receive more love.
You’re feeling unstable or ungrounded.
Green aventurine is a crystal for grounding and stability. If you have a tendency to overthink or ruminate over situations and get stuck in your mind, green aventurine will help bring you back to your physical body and your connection to the Earth. It is also a great crystal if you’re suffering from digital burnout as a result of spending way too much time on your phone, tablet, or other device.
Practical tips on how to use green aventurine (Rituals, meditation, & home)
Ritual For Abundance & Financial Prosperity
1. While seated, hold a piece of green aventurine sphere in your palm and place your focus on the crystal. Notice its appearance, its weight, and the way it feels in your hand. You’ve now established an energetic connection between you and the green aventurine. Place it on the ground right in front of you.
2. Close your eyes and visualize the green aventurine. You are aware that it represents financial abundance and prosperity. You are also aware of your connection to this piece of green aventurine. It is a part of you and you are a part of it.
3. Keep your mental focus on the green aventurine as you slowly breathe in and out. As you do so, notice a golden light start to emanate from the crystal. This light gets bigger with each breath you take until eventually it fills the space in which you and the green aventurine sit. Bask in the joy and warmth of this light. It is the light of prosperity and abundance.
4. Affirm and repeat all of the following phrases (or whichever ones resonate most with you): “I am abundant. I am prosperous. My needs are always met. I have more than I can imagine. I am generous. I give and receive with ease.”
1. This ritual is best performed on a Friday, the day associated with Venus.
2. Create a sacred space by cleansing the area around you with a sacred herb of your choice. Visualize any stale or stuck energy leaving the space as you simultaneously visualize 100% pure light and love coming in to support you.
3. Affirm, “I release any unnecessary cords of attachment, expectation, or frustration. I release all resentments I may be holding onto and I release myself from any resentments others may be holding towards me.”
4. Visualize golden light enveloping you and cleansing your energetic field of all old resentments and upsets in former relationships.
5. Take a green aventurine point in your non-dominant hand. Keep it in your hand as you affirm the type of partner and the type of relationship you’d like to call in. Speak it aloud in an affirmative tone, i.e. “I am so grateful for this new love I am calling in now, a relationship that is built on trust and openness, one in which we are both….” Describe what you desire to experience as if it were already on its way. Express gratitude for what you are now to receive with a definite “so it is!”
6. Open your eyes. Recognize your green aventurine as a symbol of your intention. Keep it nearby in the coming days and weeks.
Meditation For Grounding & Stability
3. Close your eyes and take a deep breath, imagining the breath bringing positive, soothing, and peaceful energy in through the bottoms of your feet and circulating that positive, soothing, and peaceful energy all throughout your body. As you do this, make sure to maintain a stable connection to the Earth.
6. Move the green aventurine to your feet. Allow this feeling of inner peace, balance, and stability to permeate your entire being. Feel your feet on the ground.
5. Move the aventurine to your other hand. Once again, acknowledge that the crystal represent inner peace and balance. Make a deliberate connection with the green aventurine in your hand and with each breath, feel yourself breathing in more peace, security, stability, and support.
7. Affirm, “I am safe. I am secure. I am balanced. I am always supported. I am home in my body. I am home on the Earth.”
How to care for your green aventurine
For continued care of your green aventurine, you can cleanse and charge it regularly. Some ways to do so include: leaving it in the moonlight or sunlight for a few hours, placing it in the Earth overnight, cleansing it with a sacred herb of your choice, placing it on a selenite plate, or playing a crystal singing bowl in its presence. Whether you are cleansing or charging your stone, the most important thing is the intention you set as you perform the action.
Our final thoughts.
Disclaimer: Please consult a healthcare professional for any medical advice. The information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.