The Nurturing Stone
Uses: Emotional Healing, Balance, Compassion, Love
Chakra: Heart Chakra
Origin: Russia, Canada, USA, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, India, Peru, and Sweden
Color: Pink to Red
Birthstone month: September/October
What is Rhodonite?
Today, Rhodonite can be found in small deposits around the world. In appearance, it is an opaque, pink to red stone which often contains black and white veining due to a high concentration of black manganese oxide.
Rhodonite meaning and properties – when and how Rhodonite can help:
You're starting a new job
Rhodonite is a great stone for anyone moving into a new position or starting to work with new people. It activates compassion and effective listening while also boosting self-confidence and our ability to convey our own ideas. Rhodonite can be especially beneficial when we’re looking to put our best – and most balanced – foot forward in new career situations.
You’re in a challenging relationship.
Whenever we’re dealing with interpersonal conflict – be it with a friend, family member, coworker, or stranger – we naturally tense up our physical bodies and tend to close down our hearts. Rhodonite is wonderful at stimulating an open-mind and open-heart; allowing us to see the other person’s point of view while still maintaining our own. It facilitates ease in communication and helps ground our emotions and any tendencies to overreact, especially in heated discussions. Rhodonite is a go-to crystal when you need to resolve a disagreement, let go of resentments, and/or move on from a difficult relationship.
You want to call in a soulmate.
Because of its naturally expansive energy, Rhodonite can open us up to the type of unconditional love required in soulmate connections. It helps us forgive past mistakes and focus on what we’ve gained from all the love relationships we’ve had before. Rhodonite keep us grounded and centered in ourselves as we open our hearts to invite in a soulmate union.
Practical Tips on How to Use Rhodonite (Rituals, Meditation, & Home)
Ritual To Call In Love
1. This ritual can be done any day of the week, although Friday may be best as it is associated with Venus – the goddess of love. To supercharge your intentions, you can also perform your ritual on a new or full moon.
2. Create sacred space by smudging the area around you with a cleansing herb of your choice, like sage or palo santo. Visualize the stale and stuck energy leaving the space around you as you simultaneously visualize 100% pure light and love coming in as support.
3. Affirm, “I release any unnecessary energetic cords of attachment. I release any resentments I may be holding onto and I release myself from any resentments others may be holding towards me.”
4. Visualize golden light enveloping you and washing your energetic field of any unhealthy connections, long-held resentments, or any unwanted ties to former relationships. See the light swirling up and around you like a vortex, taking all that you no longer need with it. If you notice negative emotions or upsetting thoughts coming into your awareness, just look upon them with compassion and then send them right up into the golden light to be transmuted into something more positive.
5. Affirm, “I release you to your highest good. I release you to love, with love, as love.”
6. Take a piece of Rhodonite in your non-dominant hand. Keep it in your hand as you visualize pink light emanating from the crystal, until it encompasses your whole body. Place your other hand on your heart and say, “I am love. I am loved.“
7. Take some time to think of someone in your life that you love, appreciate, and adore. It could be a family member, friend, or pet. Visualize this person. With your hand still on your heart, focus on the feeling of love you have for them. Sit with this emotion for as long as you’d like.
8. When you’re ready, open your eyes. Recognize your Rhodonite as a symbol of your intention to be more love and to receive more love. Keep it nearby in the coming days and weeks.
Meditation For Balanced Emotions:
1. This is best done with two similarly sized pieces of Rhodonite, of roughly equal size, shape, and weight.
2. While seated, place a piece of Rhodonite in each of your palms. Try to rest each hand in a way that they remain level, as if they were two sides of a scale. Your hands could be on your lap or out in front of you.
3. Close your eyes. Through purposeful attention and by focusing on the way each piece feels in your hand, establish an energetic connection between you and the pieces of Rhodonite. Recognize the Rhodonite stones as symbols of your calm, grounded, balanced emotional body.
4. Keep your mental focus on the Rhodonite in your hands as you slowly breathe in and out. Do this for a few minutes; as long as you’d like to meditate in stillness.
5. Move one hand a couple of inches, in whichever direction feels intuitively aligned for you. Breathe in and out, noticing the shift in balance that your movement caused.
6. Affirm, “I allow for the free flow of my emotions. I easily find my way back to bal-ance. I am safe. It is safe to feel. I am always loved. I am at home in my body.”
7. Move your other hand in the same direction so that you, once again, have both hands on the same level. Breathe in and out, noticing the ease with which you have come back to balance.
8. Hold both hands (and pieces of Rhodonite) up to your heart and establish a con-nection between your heart center and the stones. Breathe in and out. Visualize pink light (or whatever color light feels intuitively guided for you) surrounding you and amplifying your state of ease, peace, and emotional balance.
How to care for your Rhodonite
For continued care of your Rhodonite, you can cleanse and charge it regularly. Some ways to do so include: leaving it in the moonlight or sunlight for a few hours, placing it in the Earth overnight, smudging it with a sacred herb of your choice, placing it on a selenite plate, or playing a crystal singing bowl in its presence. Whether you are cleansing or charging your stone, the most important thing is the intention you set as you perform the action.
Disclaimer: Please consult a healthcare professional for any medical advice. The information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.