Crystal of Compassion
Uses: Emotional Healing, Divine Love, Positivity, Compassion
Chakra: Heart Chakra & Solar Plexus Chakra
Origin: Worldwide, but Mainly in the USA & Argentina
Color: Light Pink to Deep Pink with Light Pink & White Bands
Birthstone month: October & November
What is Rhodochrosite?
Rhodochrosite meaning and properties – when and how Rhodochrosite can help:
You’re in a bit of an emotional funk.
If you’ve been feeling out of balance, drained, or just not like your best version lately, Rhodochrosite can be a positive mood boosting presence. It aligns with both the heart chakra and the solar plexus chakra, connecting us with our sense of purpose and our ability to be and receive love. Rhodochrosite can be beneficial for those who may be focusing too much on the negative and need to receive some gentle reminders that they are not stuck or things are not as hopeless as they seem. Rhodochrosite opens us up to the deeper, universal, ever-present truths of love, beauty, and true power; reactivating our sense of hope and ability to choose a more expansive and aligned perspective.
You want to forgive someone or practice more compassion.
Rhodochrosite is a gentle stone that amplifies the vibration of forgiveness and releasing to love. If you have been harboring resentment towards another person, or if you are having trouble seeing their point of view or getting space or distance from the situation, then Rhodochrosite can be a wonderful stone to work with. It can help free you from fixed perceptions about people and situations; allowing you to open up to a more divine and expanded point of view, so that you may see other people through the non-judgmental gaze of compassion. If you have been hard on yourself, you may want to use Rhodochrosite as a means to activate self-compassion and to release inner conflict.
You want to call in an aligned romantic partner or improve upon your current relationship.
As Rhodochrosite is a stone of divine love and compassion, it represents our own ability to be love. What that means is looking upon ourselves and others with the same level of openness and acceptance with which the divine operates. It is a sense of selfless, unconditional love which often requires practice in our human experience. Rhodochrosite can help expand one’s capacity for love, both giving love and receiving love. We cannot receive what we’re not willing to give and sometimes we can’t receive or give love if we’re still holding onto resentments or attachments from our past. Rhodochrosite is a great stone to use in magical rituals or meditations for calling in love, especially love within romantic relationships.
Practical Tips on How to Use Rhodochrosite (Rituals, Meditation, & Home)
Ritual To Open Up To Love
2. Make sure you have a piece of Rhodochrosite and a few other objects which represent love for you. These objects can be whatever you’d like: rose petals, cinnamon essential oil, pictures of happy couples or families, God/Goddess statues, talismans, or any other symbols of love. You might also want to have a journal or writing utensil nearby, just in case you’d like to record your thoughts or observations about the ritual.
3. Create sacred space by smudging the area around you with a cleansing herb of your choice, like sage or palo santo. Visualize the stale and stuck energy leaving the space around you as you simultaneously visualize 100% pure light and divine love coming in as support.
4. Affirm, “I release any unnecessary energetic cords of attachment. I release any resentments I may be holding onto and I release myself from any resentments others may be holding towards me.” You don’t have to bring old partners or circumstances to mind, but if they come up, just notice them with detachment.
5. Visualize golden light enveloping you and washing your energetic field of any unhealthy connections, long-held resentments, or any unwanted ties to former relationships. See the light swirling up and around you like a vortex, taking all that you no longer need with it. Again, if any negative thoughts or unwanted emotions come up, just allow for them to be without resisting the thoughts or emotions. Let the light take these with it as well.6. Now, while still holding onto your piece of Celestite, receive the answers to your questions from your highest wisdom, be it your higher self, your angels, spirit guides, or however you think of your connection with the divine. Write down the answers you receive with gratitude. Affirm, “Thank you for this higher wisdom.”
6. Affirm, “I release you to your highest good. I release you to love, with love, as love.”
7. Take your piece of Rhodochrosite in your non-dominant hand. Keep it in your hand as you visualize pink light emanating from the crystal, slowly getting bigger and more expansive, until it encompasses your whole body. Place your other hand on your heart and say, “I am compassion. I am love. I am loved.“
8. Take some time to think of someone in your life that you love, appreciate, and adore. It could be a family member, friend, or pet. Visualize this person. With your hand still on your heart, focus on the feeling of love you have for them. Sit with this emotion for as long as you’d like.
10. When you’re ready, open your eyes. Recognize your Rhodochrosite as a powerful symbol of your intention to be more love and to receive more love. Keep it nearby in the coming days and weeks.
How to care for your Rhodochrosite
When you bring your Rhodochrosite home for the first time, allow it to adjust to your space and its new environment. Rinse it under warm water and clean off any debris it may have picked up using a soft cloth.
For continued care of your Rhodochrosite, you can cleanse and charge it regularly. Some ways to do so include: leaving it in the moonlight or sunlight for a few hours, placing it in the Earth overnight, smudging it with a sacred herb of your choice, placing it on a selenite plate, or playing a crystal singing bowl in its presence. Whether you are cleansing or charging your stone, the most important thing is the intention you set as you perform the action.
Disclaimer: Please consult a healthcare professional for any medical advice. The information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.