Moldavite - Healing Properties, Meaning, and Uses
The Green Guardian
Uses: Spiritual Transformation, Emotional Healing, Intuitive Expansion
Chakra: Crown Chakra, Third Eye Chakra, Heart Chakra
Origin: Czech Republic, Germany, Austria
Color: Green, Dark Green, Greenish Brown/Black
What is Moldavite?
Moldavites can be green, dark green, and even greenish brown or black in appearance and have a deeply wrinkled texture. Historically, Moldavite was used to make tools and talismans. Today, it can be utilized within jewelry – in necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings – as well as for the purposes of crystal healing. People have been fascinated by this space rock for a very long time. There is even a museum entirely dedicated to Moldavite in Český Krumlov, Czech Republic.
Moldavite meaning and properties – when and how Moldavite can help:
You could use some emotional healing.
Moldavite helps bring buried emotions to the surface, allowing them to finally be healed and released. It can be a potent stone for inner child healing or shadow work. You can meditate with Moldavite by placing it on one or more of your chakras, especially the crown, third eye, or heart center. However, if you are going to place Moldavite on your physical body, make sure to only do so for short amounts of time, as the stone can be quite intense.
You're feeling stuck and/or need some inspirationMoldavite may be helpful for anyone who is feeling stuck, stagnant, and/or dissatisfied with their current life circumstances. Because it encourages emotional release and facilitates a deeper connection with the divine, it can bring us clarity on what may need to change in our lives; the unhealthy habits, behavioral patterns, and situations which may no longer be serving our highest good. It can also be a beneficial stone for those exploring their creativity, as it encourages unique insights and inspired ideas.
You’re seeking spiritual expansionMoldavite is a powerful stone of transformation. This is why it has become a favorite among spiritual seekers; it accelerates personal growth for those on the conscious path to self-actualization and soul alignment. An incredibly high vibrational stone, Moldavite can open us up to receive divine inspiration, be it through communication with our higher self, angels, and/or spirit guides. Even if you’re not one to believe in angels or spirit guides, Moldavite can help you connect with your own intuition in order to access your own deeper wisdom from within. Because the stone is so incredibly potent, it may be a good idea to keep some grounding crystals and stones nearby when working with Moldavite. Smoky Quartz, Garnet, and Black Obsidian are all recommended choices for pairing with Moldavite.
Practical Tips on How to Use Moldavite (Rituals, Meditation, & Home)
Meditation For Spiritual Expansion & Intuitive Insights
2. Create sacred space by smudging the area around you with a cleansing herb of your choice, like sage or palo santo. Visualize the stale and stuck energy leaving the space around you as you simultaneously visualize 100% pure light and love coming in as support.3. Keep your mental focus on the Hematite as you slowly breathe in and out. As you do, notice a silver light start to emanate from the crystal. This light gets bigger with each breath you take until eventually it fills the entire space in which you and the Hematite sit. Allow its presence to fortify your own energetic boundaries. Feel the expansion of courage and strength within you. Bask in this silver light and this energy.
3. Place your grounding crystal or stone at your ankles or at the base of your spine.
4. Visualize yourself tethered to the ground, almost as if there were roots growing out from the bottoms of your feet or the base of your spine, anchoring you to the spot in which you are seated.
5. Affirm, “I am safe. I am secure. I am connected. I am home.”
6. Visualize golden, healing light coming up from deep within the Earth until it eventually envelops you; washing your energetic field of any unnecessary energies or lower vibrational thought forms. See the light swirling up and around you like a vortex, taking all that you no longer need with it.
7. Affirm, “I release any unnecessary energetic cords of attachment and frustration. I release any lower-vibrational thoughts and any mental energies that no longer serve me and my highest.”
8. Place the piece of Moldavite in your non-dominant hand. Keep it in your hand as you establish a deliberate connection with it. Recognize this stone as an amplifier; a way to open up to divinely-guided wisdom and insights.
9. Move the Moldavite up to your heart chakra and hold it there. Breathe in and out, establishing a connection with this energy center.
10. Move the Moldavite up to your third eye chakra, right between and slightly above your eyebrows, and hold it there. Breathe in and out, establishing a connection with this energy center.
11. Move the Moldavite up to your crown chakra and hold it there, right at the top of your head. Breathe in and out, establishing a connection with this energy center.
12. Lower your arm onto your lap, but still keep the Moldavite in your non-dominant hand.
13. Pick up your journal and writing utensil. Think of some area of your life where you’d like some deeper insight and divinely-guided wisdom. It could be about any area of your life: your career, love life, family, home life, or even your spiritual path. Write down your question.
14. Now, while still holding onto your piece of Moldavite, receive the answers to your questions from your highest wisdom, be it your higher self, your angels, spirit guides, or however you think of your connection with the divine. It may help to consciously inhale while asking the question and consciously exhale while waiting to receive the answer. Write down whatever answers you receive with gratitude. Continue the process of asking questions and receiving answers for as long as you’d like.
15. Affirm, “Thank you for this higher wisdom.”
16. Recognize your Moldavite as the powerful symbol of spiritual expansion and transformation that it is. This meditation ritual can be practiced as often as you need.
How to care for your Moldavite
When you bring your Moldavite home for the first time, allow it to adjust to your space and its new environment. Rinse it under warm water and clean off any debris it may have picked up using a soft cloth.
For continued care of your Moldavite, you can cleanse and charge it regularly. Some ways to do so include: leaving it in the moonlight or sunlight for a few hours, placing it in the Earth overnight, smudging it with a sacred herb of your choice, placing it on a selenite plate, or playing a crystal singing bowl in its presence. Whether you are cleansing or charging your stone, the most important thing is the intention you set as you perform the action.
Disclaimer: Please consult a healthcare professional for any medical advice. The information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.