The Calming Crystal
Uses: Mental Focus, Meditation, Calming Anxiety, Restful Sleep
Chakra: Crown Chakra and Root Chakra
Origin: Canada, USA, Turkey, Germany, Russia, Mexico
Color: White & Cream with Black and Grey Veining
Birthstone Months: June
What is howlite?
Howlite meaning, properties and benefits.
You’re overwhelmed by all you have to do.
If reviewing your daily to-do list tends to bring on anxiety, make sure you have some howlite nearby. Its soothing energy can bring on an overall feeling of ease; preventing any negative or fearful thoughts from taking over your mind. Try meditating with howlite every morning for increased mental clarity and focus.
You need to find compassion for a challenging person in your life
It can be hard to find the solution if you’re only ever focusing on the problem. Similarly, it can be a challenge to see another person’s point of view, if you’re too set on making them wrong or bad. Call upon howlite to open up your heart and mind. Try and see the other person as your best and most unconditionally loving self would see them. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with this challenging person or condone their behavior, but try to understand where they’re coming from. Howlite can be great for conflict resolution.
You’re having trouble sleeping. A night of restful sleep is incredibly important for health and overall wellbeing. Howlite is a perfect “on the nightstand” or “under the pillow” stone as it facilitates the release of worry, stress, and tension, all of which may cause insomnia. Try practicing some yoga nidra or guided meditations for sleep while keeping howlite stone close by.
Practical Tips on How to Use Howlite (Rituals, Meditation, & Home)
Bedtime Ritual for Sleep
1. With your head on the pillow, place a howlite star at your crown. If you enjoy essential oils, dab a bit of lavender oil on your wrist or temples.
2. As you breathe in and out, visualize any stress or negative energy leaving your body and dissolving into the air as you affirm, “I release any unnecessary, unwanted energies I’ve co-opted from others. I release any unnecessary, unwanted energy I’ve picked up throughout the day. I am now ready for a night of easeful, peaceful sleep.”
3. Visualize a white glow emanating from the howlite at the crown of your head. Imagine it moving from your head down to your toes, bringing a sense of peace, calm, and relaxation to each part of your body that it touches.
Meditation For Increased Clarity & Focus1. While seated, hold a howlite chunk in your palm and place your focus on the stone. Notice its appearance, its weight, and the way it feels in your hand. You’ve now established an energetic connection between you and the howlite. Place it on the ground right in front of you. 2. Close your eyes and visualize the howlite. You are aware that it represents mental clarity and focus. You are also aware of your connection to this piece of howlite. It is a part of you and you are a part of it.
3. Keep your focus on the howlite as you slowly breathe in and out. After several moments, visualize a beam of light emanating directly from the piece of howlite. It finds its way right into your third eye chakra (the area between your eyebrows).
4. Maintain this connection with the howlite, feeling the warmth of its light as it washes over you and dissolves any cobwebs of worry, stress, or mental preoccupation.
5. Affirm and repeat all of the following phrases (or whichever ones resonate most with you): “I have mental clarity. I am inner peace. I focus with intention. Ideas come to me effortlessly. There is always a solution to be found. I walk through the world with ease, knowing and trusting I am always capable.”
Meditation For Inner Peace
5. Move the howlite to your other hand. Once again, acknowledge that the stone represent ease, peace, and balance. Make a deliberate connection with the howlite in your hand and with each breath, feel yourself breathing in ease, peace, and balance.
6. Move the howlite to your feet. Allow this feeling of ease, peace, and balance to permeate your entire being.
1. Affirm, “I am calm. I am peace. I am ease. I am balanced. I am always supported. I am safe.”
How to care for your howlite
For continued care of your howlite crystal, you can cleanse and charge it regularly. Some ways to do so include: leaving it in the moonlight or sunlight for a few hours, placing it in the Earth overnight, smudging it with a sacred herb of your choice, placing it on a selenite plate, or playing a crystal singing bowl in its presence. Whether you are cleansing or charging your stone, the most important thing is the intention you set as you perform the action.
Our final thoughts.
Life can be stressful. The world can be loud. But underneath all the chaos, there is a spot of calm that always exists within you. Let howlite guide you right back to this spot and remember the powerful presence that you really are. Meditate with howlite regularly.
Disclaimer: Please consult a healthcare professional for any medical advice. The information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.