Blue Apatite - Healing Properties, Meaning, and Uses
The Purveyor of Balance
Uses: Manifestation, Clarity, Wisdom, Creativity
Chakra: Throat Chakra & Third Eye Chakra
Origin: Russia, Brazil, Madagascar, & Other Areas Worldwide
Birthstone month: February, March
What is Blue Apatite?
In general, blue crystals tend to be connected to the throat chakra and Blue Apatite is no exception. In addition to being associated with the throat chakra Blue Apatite is also connected to the Third Eye; making it a wonderful stone for all issues related to the mental body. This includes our thoughts, inspiration, creativity, and communication.
Blue Apatite meaning and properties – when and how Blue Apatite can help:
You’re confused or unclear about what steps to take next.
Meditating or sitting quietly with a piece of Blue Apatite can facilitate inner peace and mental calm; helping us to more easily access the intelligence of the subconscious mind as well as the collective unconscious. It is a great stone for finding solutions and getting clarity on what actions to take. Blue Apatite can be used in conjunction with dreamwork in order to gain more understanding on any of life’s challenges. Keep a piece of Blue Apatite beneath your pillow and set the intention to receive clarifying insights during your dreams. Make sure to keep a journal by the bed and write down whatever information you receive while you sleep.
You’re in a creative slump.
If you’re experiencing any kind of creative resistance, especially writer’s block, call upon Blue Apatite to help open up those channels. It can provide a necessary energy boost to any stuck or blocked chakras. Have Blue Apatite close by as you engage in a creative activity. Keep a piece of Blue Apatite in your pocket or wear it as a necklace or bracelet for increased creative flow.
You need to speak up.
Because of its naturally expansive energy, Rhodonite can open us up to the type of unconditional love required in soulmate connections. It helps us forgive past mistakes and focus on what we’ve gained from all the love relationships we’ve had before. Rhodonite keep us grounded and centered in ourselves as we open our hearts to invite in a soulmate union.
Practical Tips on How to Use Blue Apatite (Rituals, Meditation, & Home)
Ritual For Clarity
1. Make sure you have a piece of Blue Apatite, a journal, and a writing utensil close by.on.
2. Create sacred space by smudging the area around you with a cleansing herb of your choice, like sage or palo santo. Visualize the stale and stuck energy leaving the space around you as you simultaneously visualize 100% pure light and love coming in as support.
3. Affirm, “I release any unnecessary energetic cords of attachment. I release all stale and negative thought forms that no longer serve me. And I call in positive insights and inspiration from 100% pure love and light.”
4. Visualize golden light enveloping you and washing your energetic field of any lower vibrational energies or distracting thoughts. See the light swirling up and around you like a vortex, taking all that you no longer need with it. If you notice negative emotions or upsetting thoughts coming into your awareness, just look upon them with compassion and then send them right up into the golden light to be transmuted into something more positive.
5. In your journal, describe the situation in which you are seeking clarity or insight. It could be in the form of a question, i.e. “What should I do next about ___?” or “What is this situation really about?” Write down as much as you’d like to write about this problem or situation.
6. Take a piece of Blue Apatite in your non-dominant hand. Keep it in your hand as you visualize golden light emanating from the crystal, until it encompasses your whole body.
7. Move the piece of Blue Apatite over your third eye as you say, “My thoughts are clear. I am open to insight. I am open to receiving higher wisdom and the next steps to take.”
8. Move the piece of Blue Apatite over your throat chakra as you say, “I can communicate my thoughts with ease. I trust my insights. I trust myself.”
9. Move your hand and the piece of Blue Apatite into your lap. Make sure your eyes are closed and take several deep breaths, allowing each breath to take you deeper and deeper into relaxation.
10. Take out your journal again, and read what you wrote about your situation. Ask your higher self/inner wisdom, “What can I do right now about this situation? Is there anything I can know about this?” Inhale and exhale. The exhale is important as it provides enough space for your mind to stop its trying and grasping, so that a deeper, intuitive truth can emerge. The answer may come in as a thought, an image, a word, or even a song. Whatever comes to you, write it down. Ask as many questions as you need to gain clarity.
11. Recognize the piece of Blue Apatite as a symbol of your clear thoughts and connection to deeper insight. Keep it nearby in the coming days and weeks to remind you that answers can always be found within.
Meditation For Balance:
1. Whether seated or standing, make sure your feet are firmly planted on the ground. Place a piece of Blue Apatite in your non-dominant hand.
2. Close your eyes and hold both of your hands out, palms facing up. The Blue Apatite should be resting in the palm of your non-dominant hand.
3. Take a deep breath, imagining the breath bringing positive, soothing, and peaceful energy in through the bottoms of your feet and circulating it all throughout your body. As you do this, make sure to maintain a stable connection to the Earth.
4. Place your awareness on the Blue Apatite resting in your palm. Set the intention that this crystal represents balance in your mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual body. Move the Blue Apatite to your dominant hand. Take a breath.
5. Hold the Blue Apatite up to your third eye. Make a deliberate connection with the Blue Apatite. Then bring your hands and the stone down to your lap.
6. With each breath, feel yourself breathing in peace, balance, and clarity. Align yourself with these characteristics more and more with each breath.
7. Affirm, “I am safe. I am secure. I am clear. I am in balance.”
How to care for your Blue Apatite
When you bring your Blue Apatite home for the first time, allow it to adjust to your space and its new environment. Rinse it under warm water and clean off any debris it may have picked up using a soft cloth.
For continued care of your Blue Apatite, you can cleanse and charge it regularly. Some ways to do so include: leaving it in the moonlight or sunlight for a few hours, placing it in the Earth overnight, smudging it with a sacred herb of your choice, placing it on a selenite plate, or playing a crystal singing bowl in its presence. Whether you are cleansing or charging your stone, the most important thing is the intention you set as you perform the action.
Disclaimer: Please consult a healthcare professional for any medical advice. The information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.